A recent video commissioned by Alun Griffiths.
"Pont Bodefail, which carries the A497 road across the Afon Rhyd-hir river between Pwllheli and Pen Llŷn was named following a competition between pupils from local schools.
The original Pont Bodfel, a three-span Grade 2 listed bridge was constructed in 1805 and deemed unstable following the discovery of erosion to its foundations, which resulted in its closure in January 2019. Griffiths completed all works in May this year, benefitting not only local communities but also tourists visiting the area and, of course, the additional traffic associated with the Eisteddfod.
The works have provided a new single-span 17 metre concrete arch bridge, clad with locally sourced stone and also incorporates the realignment of the approach road to the bridge, as well as improvements to the nearby Gefail y Bont junction towards Llannor to merge safely with the new route. The original Pont Bodfel has been repurposed for use by walkers and cyclists."